Article: SWIM GLOVES WITH OR WITHOUT FINGERS?
SWIM GLOVES WITH OR WITHOUT FINGERS?
Should I choose bathing gloves or bathing mitts?
What is the difference between our two types of bathing handwear for the cold shiver and should I choose gloves and mittens / mitts? Both are designed to protect the hands from cold water, cold, wind and "white fingers" (read about Raynaud's syndrome further down in the article) - but the two NORDBAEK models differ greatly in design and functionality.
Here are some differences and advantages of both:
NORDBAEK's swim gloves 'Deep Tide'
SWIM GLOVES WITH 5 FINGERS:
1. Finger separation: Swim gloves have separate compartments for each finger, five in total, giving you greater dexterity and control over your hands. This makes them suitable for grabbing the handrail or grabbing onto things in conjunction with your dip.
2. Dexterity: Since the fingertips are free, you can do more detailed things with your hands while wearing them, such as opening your coat, zipping a zipper, or grabbing a bag.
3. Insulation: NORBDAEK's swimming gloves are lined with an insulating material called Plush, which gives the gloves good warmth and makes them easier to put on and take off, despite having fingers in them.
4. Zipper: NORDBAEK's bathing gloves have a zipper, which makes them much easier to put on and take off. In addition, they have velcro straps that allow you to tighten the gloves around the wrist.
5. Anti-slip pro-grip: NORDBAEK's swim gloves have a surface on the palm and the inside of the fingers that is super anti-slip and allows you to hold on to the smoothest surfaces and not slip.
NORDBAEK's swim mittens 'Ice Splash'
SWIM MITTENS / GLOVES WITH 2 FINGERS:
1. Extra Warmth: Gloves have two compartments: One for the thumb and one for the remaining four fingers. This gives the mitten a larger surface area and keeps the fingers closer together, providing better insulation and warmth. They are ideal for very cold water, strong winds and cold.
2. Easy: Mittens that don't have fingers are easier and faster to put on and take off as it is a simpler construction.
3. Quick drying: Gloves have less neoprene surface and therefore dry quickly when hung up.
4. Velcro easy-to-tighten straps for the wrist: NORDBAEK's bathing mitts have velcro straps that allow you to tighten the mitts around the wrist.
5. Anti-slip pro-grip: NORDBAEK's bath mitts have a surface on the palm and the inside of the fingers that is super anti-slip and allows you to hold on to the smoothest surfaces and not slip. The choice between bathing gloves and bathing mitts depends on your specific needs and the way you bathe. If you need dexterity, you should choose gloves, while mittens are better for extreme cold and protection.
AVOID "WHITE FINGERS" or RAYNAUD'S SYNDROME
Do you sometimes get "white fingers" when bathing in cold water?
In other words, do your fingertips become completely numb and chalky white when they get cold?
Then you probably have what is called Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers). It is a completely harmless syndrome, but not very pleasant. Using bathing gloves when bathing in the cold water can completely remedy the "white fingers". Try it 🙏
We wish you the best swimming experiences,
💙 Ida & Barbara
Founders of NORDBAEK